Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fathers day

Todays fathers day - My dad passed away when I was 16 but for me fathers day was all about getting together with my older brother and my mum and taking my dad out for lunch to his favourite place to order "the normal' which would be a steak with peppercorn sauce and vegies on the side and then give him his presents where he would act all surprised (although he always knew was his gifts where!)

Not a day goes by where you don't pop into my mind and I know your up there watching over us. Happy Fathers day dad x

2 comments:

  1. I also lost my dad, 5 years ago I was 18 he died of cancer.
    I did the same thing! Went to lay flowers on his grave and then went out for a beer and pub meal with my brother :).
    I'm sure our dads would be proud of us :) xxxxx kisses and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words :) it's always days like those that really make you remember how much you miss them in your daily life - not that they are ever forgotten I think on a sub conscious level we learn to grow and move forward!

    My dad died of cancer too it's one of the worst journeys to be apart of!

    Stay strong & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete