Tuesday, February 26, 2013

RAIN RAIN.. GO AWAY


If I haven't mentioned this before, I'll mention it now.. I hate rain.
 
 
This was the message I sent to our receptionist this morning to let her know I would be late. Turns out I was 1.5hours late. I live 10 minutes from work! Crazy Melbourne weather and traffic I swear people lose it whenever the rain starts to fall.
 
 
So instead of hitting my pile of work I am sitting here with more curls in my hair (thank you mother nature) with my trusting T2 Peppermint cup posting this!.
 
 
 
In more happy news because we all love food, On Friday we went to Merrywell at Crown for lunch, this definitely wasn't what I was excepting I had heard good things about this place.
 
 
 
 
Its really hard to graciously eat a burger that's almost the size of your head hahaha in saying that the food was delicious. I ordered the merrywell burger my favourite part was the fries they where so crunchy and full of goodness. Drooling just thinking about it.
If you haven't been yet then make sure you do.

My Saturday night was spent putting on some extra kgs with my favourite Ben and Jerrys Ice-cream while watching equally as bad movies.. I needed a quiet weekend so I wasn't complaining.



Sunday afternoon we ventured out to catch some sun which resulted in getting coffee and juice and then right next door to the coffee shop is Flight Centre, I could feel the boyfriends eyes enlarge as he was thinking of excuses to get me away from the window. hahahah poor kid.



How cheap are these prices!?
 
 
 The other day during my lunch break I headed over to crown and had a little look around at what Witchery had in stock. Witchery for me is such a hit and miss some days I can walk in and want everything other days nothing stands out at me.


I did however love this pink maxi dress $149.00 It's still in the back of my mind but I decided against it after I tried it on and umm'd and arrgh'd and probably drove the sales assistant cray cray.

Autumn is right around the corner which exists me beyond belief. I love Autumn not only is it my birthday but I love the fashion and layers that come around for Autumn. Have you seen anything good in stores yet?

 

19 comments:

  1. 1.5 hours for a trip that's normally meant to take 10 mins??? That would've been torture. Imagine doing 1.5 hours each way every day though - that was my life. Thank goodness not anymore.

    My birthday's in Autumn as well! When's yours?

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I couldnt imagine doing 1.5 hours! My birthday is May 23.. How about you?! x

      Delete

  2. Sounds like some horrible weather!

    http://lisette-samisblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay my birthday is in autumn too! I can't wait for a/w fashion. I think that dress would look gorgeous on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was astounded by the weather today as well. Driving along the freeway when it was pitch dark at 7am and pouring was interesting! Hope you managed to dry off as the day went on.
    I might have to check out Merrywell, I hadn't heard of that place before! Look delish.
    I'm starting to see a lot of winter clothes in stores from my brief shopping stints that I have done.... I've resisted the urge to buy anything just yet as it's still too warm for me to wear it.
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I've seen a few things but don't want to buy them just yet! Def go and check out merrywell!

      Delete
  5. Hi Hol,

    My day started pretty much like yours! I totally agree, when the rain hits, people go crazy!

    I totally agree about Witchery... I hadn't bought a dress from witchery prior to last week- usually i just keep on walking.

    Yay for us, we're both have may b'days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is way overpriced, wait a few weeks and it will probably be on sale.

    Today was crazy hey? You should have just walked to work!

    I went to Merrywell a few weeks ago, loved the burgers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, whenever I buy something I'll see it on sale the following weeks!

      Their burgers are so good!

      Delete
  7. My curly hair has been crazy this week in the rainy weather we've had in Brisbane! Frizz everywhere, even with my usual styling products.

    That Ben and Jerry's ice cream looks so good. Sara-Lee has a new choc-mint one that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'll be sure to put that one on my list!! Choc-mint sounds so good!

      Delete
  8. The rain was insane this morning! I had to be at uni at 9 doing some volunteer work for the new first years and it was just horrible on the trains and trams..
    I definitely need to try Merrywell - heard so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing!
    That seriously sucks - where was the hold up?
    Can't believe summer is officially over in so many days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traffic.. 2 buses didnt come an so eveyone was jammed in like sardines and then the roads where almost flooded.. It was just one big disaster!

      Delete
  10. I need to check out this merrywell!!
    BTW Mum works for unilever that supplies BnJ ice cream in Singapore.
    Guess what? She already ordered some for us when we go over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go with you.. AGAIN it was that good haha!
      Oh ..I want to adopt your mum hahaha

      Delete
    2. You would have missed my tweets. Mum is telling me to not buy Ferragamo flats as they are uncomfortable but go try them on in the store. LOL
      And then she told me not to buy LV but Chanel as it is more upmarket. LV is Passe - I quote!! AHHAHAHA
      You'll definitely want my Mum!

      Delete