Wednesday, September 5, 2012

LONG WEEKEND + FATHERS DAY + FOOD

How amazing has the weather been. Yesterday was just bliss! Dim and I went for a walk along the beach lastnight at around 9pm for a good hour becuase the weather was so good..but then today I almost got blown away walking into work and fighting against the little pieces of rubbish flying everywhere.. but I'll admit I do love spring! #typical.melbourne.weather.

Last Friday we headed up to D's parents house for the weekend and fathers day.  We left melbourne in the cold and wet horrible weather only to jump off the plane into pure sunshine. Yes please.
 
I love flying - there is just something so relaxing about it. Do you?
 


I love the fact that there is someone in D's family who is just as immature and weird as me and thats his little brother. Inbetween catching up with the grandparents on friday night and going out for dinner and catching up with both sides of the family. His mum and I hit the shops on Saturday morning to find a fathers day present and just general shopping.


I ended up buying a bottle of Versace - Yellow Diamond which I purchased for $70.00 it wasnt until I got back home and openeded up the box I realised I had brought the small one.. Doh!
One thing about both of his Yiayias is they LOVE to cook, which is good news but bad news for my tights and bum.

 
Sunday was Fathers day and while it was sad that I wasnt able to spend it with my dad I know he's watching over me and thats enough for me (well its all there really is!) but I feel blessed that I've managed to find a FIL in law who's so funny, down to earth and amazing as he is!
We brough his Chanel Colonge - He's so not into presents ha!



We got home at noon on Sunday it was great to see everyone and soak up the sunshine.
In other news..
I recently brought some clinque skin care products and recieved a free goodie bag. I was suprised that there was actually good products inside!



Which included a night eye cream to help reduce brown spots, Mascara (Which is too little to use on my top eyelashes but have found good use for it on my bottom ones!) Lipgloss which is perfect because despite it being in a pink bottle doesnt taste like strawberries and some body soap.

I have changed from getting coffee's in the morning to trying to stick to green and peppermint tea but I'm finding its just not giving me that caffeine kick! I doubt I could give up coffee all together but what other energy hits do you guys use in the mornings?
 

14 comments:

  1. coffee sadly doesn't have an effect on me :(

    i'm not a fan of flying... it scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute family snaps!
    I always try giving up coffee in the mornings but it never last so good luck with that =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Dim's family look so sweet!

    I don't drink coffee, but I've heard eating an apple wakes you up?! Not sure how, but might be worth a shot.

    Flying stresses me out! I hate having to wait for boarding, and having to have everything packed in a neat little bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dim always books our flight with carry on luggage only.. which is the worst bcos I can never pack small enough to fit on the plane and end up stuffing the rest of it in my handbag gah!

      Delete
  4. I don't drink coffee either, but it's probably why I still feel half asleep at lunch time lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe you dont drink coffee.. Sadly I'd be lost without it.

      Delete
  5. Second the apple comment. I drink green tea but don't drink too much or you may get nauseous. I was constantly sick for weeks until I realised it was because I was drinking two cups of green tea every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Thats so odd.. I thought that Green tea was really good for you!

      Delete
  6. Aww it sounds like you had a lovely Father's Day weekend! So cute.
    As for coffee in the morning... yeah tea/apples don't seem to "wake me up" as well as coffee does. If you find a good alternative, please blog about it haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww it sounds like you had a great Father's Day weekend! So cute.
    As for coffee in the morning...yeah I don't find that tea/apples wake me up as well as coffee does. If you find a good substitute though, please blog about it haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got excited coz I thought you had an engagement ring on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah! similiar to the other night at the hairdressers, she was blow drying my hair all of a sudden stops and goes 'OMG..is there something you havent told me!?" I look at her blankly and she goes.. Oh wait its the wrong finger. ha!

      Soon! (Hopefully!)

      Delete
  9. I must have a coffee every morning or else I'm so bloody grumpy haha

    Sounds like a good family catch up!

    Goodie bag is always good... I love that lip gloss its a staple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best thing ever are the NoDoz tablets from Coles/Woolies. They're basically caffeine in pill form. I had trouble giving up energy drink in my line of work, as I have to be up so early and these usually work a treat.

    ReplyDelete